A voice can only reach its full potential if it has the right foundation. What follows is the distillation of over 40 years of experience in performance and vocal techniques essential for the voice.
Just as a Formula One racing car must be in optimal mechanical condition for the driver to be able to achieve its top performance, the body and mind must provide the ideal environment for the singer to achieve their full potential.
But make no mistake! These are not mere vocal techniques – when appropriately and consistently applied together, they become second nature. Something magical happens between the body and the mind, this is when the inner symphonic harmony is achieved which allows the deepest elements of the voice to come through with ease.
- Head and neck and spine straight
- Relaxed Shoulders
- Rib cage open and flexible
- Knees never locked
- Relax the jaw, Relaxed tongue
- Open the throat like you are going to yawn
- Raise and open the moveable soft palate.
- Breath deeply through the nose and mouth in a supported lower abdomen.
- Avoid sucking in the air
- Expand into the back section of lungs
- Relax into the breath. Let the air flow unobstructed like a sigh on the vocal chords
- Finding and recognizing the vocal chords
- Tense Chords for the right resonance
- Always imagine the sound before making the sound
- Awareness and connection, become one with the voice.
- Connect with yourself and become one with your voice